Thursday, May 19, 2011

3rd Indie Reading Project: Quote Number 1 Cirque Du Freak Lord of the Shadows 319 words

"You see, Darren," Steve purred, winking at me before vanishing down the tunnel to freedom, "if you kill Darius, you won't just be slaughtering my son, you'll be murdering your nephew!" ( Shan,220) This quote was really interesting because it was the turning point of the whole book. Steve Leopard has just captured Darren's bestfriend, Evra' son Shancus. Steve had him hostage and ran away with him so Darren decided to capture Steve's son, Darius and escape. They both meet each other in the theater and Darren decides to trade Darius for Shancus, but Steve doesn't accept. What Steve does was he killed Shancus forcing Darren to decide if whether he should kill Darius or let him free. When Darren was about to kill him Steve told Darren that Darius was his nephew. Now Darren didn't know what to do. I thought this quote was interesting, because it was really sad about what Steve did and he tricked Darren too. I think Steve is really good at messing with someone's head but he is a @#$% jerk. This was an internal conflict for Darren, because he had to make a tough decision after Steve killed Shancus, who was Darren's bestfriend's son. His decision was to kill him or just let him go. Darren is not a mean person, and he doesn't want to go  kill a little 10 year old boy so the decision was hard for him. Unfortunately he let him go after knowing Darius was his nephew. If I was stuck in this situation I wouldn't know what I would do. Kill my nephew to avenge a bestfriend's son's death or let him go. This is really an internal conflict it just boggles the mind. If I was stuck I would probably let him go, because he is my nephew, but if he wasn't related to me I would snap his neck and wouldn't think twice about it.

No comments:

Post a Comment